LEAD A BIBLE STUDY
Create a Caring Community
“Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved”
A vibrant, life-changing community of neighbors is the outcome of focusing on three goals:
- Creating an environment where members can grow spiritually in Christ-likeness as they study the Bible together
- Building an authentic community that encourages trust and care within relationships
- Encouraging members to multiply this life-changing experience by reaching out and sharing what they have learned and experienced with other neighbors
When your members meet for the first time, they may not know each other. As they build friendships the group becomes a caring community where members share and process what they are learning. They also help each other understand how to apply God’s Word to their lives.
Ideas to help members grow in Christ-likeness, encourage them to care for one another:
- Meet physical and tangible needs by providing meals during an illness, etc.
- Spend time with group members outside of Bible study. Perhaps plan a group lunch or connect with them individually to get to know one another better. It can be as simple as a phone call, text, email, or note.
- Host a dinner.
- Plan special gatherings at Christmas and other times during the year.
- Create activities for children so mothers can visit.
- Take a hike, run, or walk together.
- Look for local events to attend together.