LEAD A BIBLE STUDY
Grow Your Bible Study
“And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.”
2 Timothy 2:2
Healthy Bible study groups grow and change.
Group multiplication can happen in 3 main ways:
- Members in the group catch the vision of inviting someone new to the group.
- A member might move or even be led to begin their own group with other neighbors or during a new time slot (there might be a need for a morning and evening Bible study in your neighborhood, or a seasonal Bible study).
- A group might grow to the point of needing to split into smaller groups for members to have opportunities to share and get to know one another. *If your group does grow too large, consider meeting in a space large enough to break into smaller groups for discussion after a short time of mingling OR consider breaking the study into smaller groups that meet at different homes.
Keep these points in mind as you consider growing your group:
- Most new members come because of a friend’s invitation.
- Encourage your members to invest in the lives of those around them and extend invitations.
- As you begin a new Bible study, send invitations or flyers out to each neighbor.
- Host an outreach gathering together, such as a Christmas coffee. Encourage each group member to invite one friend.
Continue to encourage your members to pray, care for, and build bridges of friendship with those not attending the study. The desire of NBS2GO is that the door would always remain open, and members would continue inviting others throughout the year.