PRAY FOR NEIGHBORS
Praying Scripture for Neighbors
Even when we don’t know what to pray, God knows! When we use God’s own words by praying Scripture, we align ourselves with His heart and will.
“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.”
1 John 5:14-15
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people–for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.”
- Petition God for each home.
- Intercede for them: What might they need God’s help with currently?
- Give thanks for them: gifts, talents, work, personality.
- Pray that they may be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.
“I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms…”
- Pray for God to give them a spirit of wisdom so that they may know Him better.
- Pray that their hearts might understand the confident hope God has given His children and the riches of His glorious inheritance
- Pray that they might know His incomparably great power for those who believe–the same power that raised Christ from the dead.
“I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses all knowledge–that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”
- Pray that they would be strengthened by God’s power through His Spirit in their inner being, so that Christ may dwell in their hearts through faith.
- Pray that they, being rooted and established in love, may have power to grasp how wide and long and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge.
- Pray that they would believe and be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
“For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to the glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.”
- Pray that God would fill them with the knowledge of His will through wisdom and understanding from the Spirit.
- Pray that they might learn to live lives worthy of the Lord.
- Pray that they would bear fruit and grow in the knowledge of God.
- Pray that they would be strengthened with power according to God’s glorious might so that they may have endurance and patience.