Statement Of Faith
The following truths form the foundation of what we believe. The genuine Christian life, as practiced and taught by Neighbor Bible Studies, is always in agreement with these basic yet profound truths.
- The Bible, as originally given by God, is divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ was fully God, yet fully man, born of a virgin, and lived a sinless life, performing many miracles.
- We acknowledge His substitutionary death, resurrection, ascension and individual mediation for us, and eagerly await His personal return in power and glory.
- Man is sinful and separated from God, and a reunion, called salvation, is possible only by faith in Jesus Christ, apart from works, through the regeneration of the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit indwells the believer and enables us to live a holy life and to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- All true believers are united by the Holy Spirit as the church, the Body of Christ.
- Everyone will be resurrected-the saved to everlasting life, the unsaved to everlasting torment.